Moving into a new home is an exciting time, and you’re probably daydreaming about decor and paint schemes and new furniture. But before you get into the fun stuff, there are some basics you should
Why Should You Buy In December
December and New Year’s Day give you the perfect occasion to buy real estate. Not only can you pick up a bargain property from a motivated seller, you can save on your purchase expenses.
1. Home shoppers put off looking for a home because of holiday decorating, shopping, and parties. Plus, the cold weather makes home buyers prefer to stay home; they wait for warm weather to buy real estate. Get the edge with little competition from other buyers.
2. Home sellers who didn’t sell during the recent buying frenzy are worried that their home will not sell. Any seller offering their home for sale during the holiday season is motivated.
3. Real estate agents need to keep their momentum going and can’t afford to take too much time off. When the agents aren’t as busy, you get better service. Plus, they’re more likely to take low offers seriously. Agents love investors ready to buy real estate during December.
4. Interest rates continue to creep up. Who knows what the rates will rise to next year?
5. Lenders threaten to tighten up qualifications next year. Today is your best shot to buy real estate and get a great rate with the easiest qualifications.
6. Appraisers need work. Too many individuals became real estate appraisers when there was too much work. It used to take a week or more to schedule an appraisal. We just ordered an appraisal and the appraiser wanted to come out the same afternoon! Also, appraisal fees cost less today than last month.
Clear some time from your busy holiday schedule and go find a bargain house. Make many offers. You won’t get this break for another year!
Brittany Manning is a REALTOR® at Boise Premier Real Estate in Meridian, ID. Brittany was raised on a potato farm in Burley, ID and graduated from Idaho State University in 2003. Since becoming an....